THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy October everyone! I am so excited, October and November are my two FAVORTIE “ber-months” since they are the months where fall is in full-swing and you can really notice the season changing. One of my favorite things to do once October rolls around is start watching HALLOWEEN MOVIESSSS! I love love love them! Old, new, scary, silly… I love them all. So I wanted to put together a list for you guys of my personal favorite Halloween movies that absolutely must make it on my watch-list every single year to help get you in the Halloween spirit!
I generally scour the Internet every year until I find some sketchy site where I can stream these for free (if I can’t find them on Netflix), but you can also find all of them on Amazon Prime to rent, if you want to do that as well! Most of them also are shown on FreeForm so I would check there too if you have access to that channel. Sooooo without further delay, here is my list of shows/movies I watch every single October to help get me in the Halloween spirit!
(Also, just so you know ahead of time before you start reading the list… I grew up a Disney kid and I am STILL a Disney kid, so many of the movies I have listed are Disney Halloween movies. Don’t judge.)
Let the Halloween movie nights BEGIN!! 🎃 (I’ve marked the movies on this list that are available on Netflix at this time as well!)
- Hocus Pocus (Rent from Amazon Prime) – My. All-Time. Favorite. This movie has been my all-time FAVORITE Halloween movie for as long as I can remember! I remember waiting every night in front of the TV until it would come on Disney Channel. I mean, three witches from Salem, rising from the dead because a virgin lit a black flame candle on Halloween night?! It doesn’t get more Halloween-y than that!
- Nightmare Before Christmas (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Where are all my Tim Burton fans?? This one is another one of my favorites that is on my list to watch every. single. year. I love the songs from the movie, the characters, and the fact that you can technically watch it for Halloween or Christmas (even though let’s be honest, it just has a Halloween feel more than anything.)
- Beetlejuice (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Wow, what a Halloween CLASSIC! I only saw this movie a few years ago when I was over at my mom’s house around Halloween time and we were wanting to watch a Halloween flick. She suggested this and was SHOCKED I had not heard of it, let alone watched it. Needless to say, we snuggled down with our wine, popcorn, and candy and I was hooked. If you’re looking for a Halloween classic that is hilarious mixed with just the right amount of creepy, this is one you absolutely must see!
- Halloween (Rent from Amazon Prime) – A escaped killer on the loose from prison, running rampant on a night where everyone is dressed up to look like someone they’re not? This classic horror film from the 70’s still gets me every time I see it! There is actually a new Halloween movie being released later this month as a continuation of the earlier movie… I would definitely recommend watching this 1978 classic first if you’re planning to see the new movie!
- Scream (Rent from Amazon Prime) – My brother had a Scream mask that he wore for Halloween one year when we were younger, and it used to be the most terrifying thing in the world to me! It was stored in his closet so when I would go into his room, (he’s 7 years older than me, so I was always in his room trying to be cool and nose around in his stuff) I would find it when I was snooping around and scream and run out of his room immediately. (Maybe that’s why he kept it in there, now come to think of it…) So for that reason, this movie has always been particularly scary to me, simply because of that dang mask! But it actually has a pretty good story line and is actually more of a horror movie mixed with a certain element of comedy where a person in a mask (the Scream mask) runs around killing high-school students. Don’t you just love 90’s movies?!? 😂
- Betwitched (Rent from Amazon Prime) – This is such a cute Halloween movie to watch! I don’t know what it is about Halloween movies with witches, but I LOVE them (I secretly want to fly on a broomstick… unrealistic, but a girl can dream right?!) This movie is somewhat of a Halloween rom/com where a young witch is cast in a TV show with a stuck up and self absorbed co-lead… Can you guess what happens??
- Nightmare on Elm Street (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Okay this one has always been terrifying to me because of the sole reason that you can’t get away from this guy… This movie is about a killer who comes after his victims at a time when everyone assumes themselves to be safe… when you’re fast asleep, dreaming. Throw in a creepy face and razor-sharp knives for fingers and you have the perfect Halloween horror film for a cold, October night!
- Halloweentown I (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Okay, now it’s time for me to show my kid side!! HALLOWEENTOWN 🎃 If you grew up a Disney kid, I’m sure you’ve seen this movie already, but to me it’s honestly a Halloween classic! I watch all of the Halloweentown movies every year. They are such good movies in my opinion and I mean come on, can you really ever outgrow Disney movies?? If you haven’t seen this movie, but you enjoy pumpkins, witches, and a classic case of good fighting evil, this one is for you!
- Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge (Rent from Amazon Prime) – In the second Halloweentown movie, you’ll find yourself surrounded by warlocks, witches, and spell books as the friends and family in the movie work together to save the human race and defeat an evil force trying to take over Halloweentown! Gotta love Disney Halloween movies, I’m telling youuuuu!
- Return to Halloweentown (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Okay okay, last Halloweentown movie! In the last of the Halloweentown movies, your fave witch goes off to college at none other than Halloween University of course, and gets a little more than she bargained for when mayhem strikes and her powers are tested in the ultimate battle against the evil forces that reside in the halls of the school.
- Corpse Bride (Rent from Amazon Prime) – Another Tim Burton film for you guys! Tim Burton movies are practically the epitome of Halloween movies though (IMO) so this one had to make the list. Although it’s been a minute since I’ve watched this (when I watched it, it was still on Netflix UGH.) it’s one that is perfect for Halloween and will definitely do the job to get you feeling the Halloween vibes!
- Twitches (Rent from Amazon Prime) – *Cue 8 year old Carrington fighting her brothers for the remote so she can watch Twitches on Disney Channel* This movie remains one of my favorite to this day! I think it is such a cute story line and it is perfect for getting you in the Halloween spirit with twin witches going around trying to save a kingdom they didn’t even know existed. SO good, and this is a movie that isn’t scary so you can watch it and have no issues going to sleep later! 😉
- Stardust (Netflix) – Okay this isn’t technically a Halloween movie, but it takes place in a fairytale setting, so it makes me think of some things Halloween with all of the costumes and magic! This movie is one that’s on Netflix and that is such a cute movie to watch if you’re looking for maybe a Halloween chick-flick to watch.
- Beautiful Creatures (Netflix) – Warning: chick flick Halloween movie!! I stumbled upon this movie a couple months back with Jordan and my brother, Donovan, as we sat down for a movie night. We weren’t expecting this movie to be so intriguing, but when you take a girl with supernatural powers, fighting a curse that is destined to turn her evil and keep her from the boy in town with whom she’s falling in love, all you can really do is snuggle down with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the film. 😉
- Coraline (Netflix) – This one really freaked me out when I was little for some reason (I’m pretty sure it was the button-eyes on the characters… reminds me of dolls *shutter*) so this was one I saw pretty recently. It honestly gave me a feeling similar to that of a Tim Burton movie, even though he had nothing to do with it! Regardless, I ended up seriously LOVING it. This is definitely a film to add to your October watch-list if you’re wanting some Halloween-feels!
I hope you enjoyed and I hope you guys get the chance to check out every single one of these movies, because they are all so good and will definitely get you in the Halloween spirit! 🎃