THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Hump Day friends! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner now and I can’t believe it’s already almost here! We have some fun things planned for this weekend, but honestly with the way the weather is supposed to be here in Austin this weekend, I’m not sure if we’ll be doing anything other than cuddling up inside by the fireplace haha. If you find yourself planning to stay in as well, you might as well get in the fun Valentine’s Day spirit and watch a movie! Which is why I’ve put together a list of 11 great movies to watch on Valentine’s Day and where you can find them.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve seen any of these movies and if so, which one is your favorite! Also, I’ve linked the movies in the movie title for each, so just click on the movie title to watch/rent the movie.
- Love Actually – Okay I know this is really a Christmas movie, but it still applies for Valentine’s Day!! It’s such a cute romcom movie and tells a few different intertwining love stories. I would 10/10 recommend this for a fun, romcom movie to watch this Valentine’s Day!
- When Harry Met Sally – Ahhhh what a CLASSIC!! Any movie with Meg Ryan in it, I just KNOW is going to be good. This is such a cute movie and has been on the top of the list for DECADES. If you love movies from the 80s/90s, make sure to add this to your list!
- How to Be Single – I first saw this movie in theaters years ago when it came out on Valentine’s Day. I saw it with my best friend at the time and had a Galentine’s night together. At the time, I had recently gone through a breakup and was struggling on Valentine’s Day to be honest. As cheesy as it might sound, this movie EMPOWERED me and made me feel so good! I left the theater feeling like a boss babe and knew I needed to focus on making me happy before I could try to make someone else happy. Jordan and I started talking a few months later, which led to dating and we have been together ever since! Anyways, long story short, if you’re having a Galentine’s Day get together, I would definitely rank this as a must see.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding – Okay I’m a sucker for 90’s movies with Julia Roberts! I can remember watching movies like this with my mom when I was growing up, we always watched these types of movies together and would have girls nights binging them. This one is so cute and is a fun, light-hearted romcom type of movie that would be great for an easy-to-watch movie for Valentine’s Day weekend!
- Bridget Jones’s Diary – Oh my goshhhh, this is one of my all time fave movies haha. I even used to say Bridget Jones was my spirit animal (*cue laughter*). I love how she’s just so HERSELF and doesn’t try to be someone she’s not. I would say this one is definitely more of a chick flick so obviously it would be great for a Galentine’s party, but Jordan was a good sport and has watched it with me more than a few times haha so you could probably get away with it as a movie with your SO too. 😉
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Wow, middle school Carrington was reborn when I first saw this movie! I read all of the “TATBILB” books when I was growing up and LOVED them, so I was so happy when this movie came out on Netflix a few years ago. It definitely hit the mark and thankfully, met all of my expectations I had after reading the books all those years ago! It’s such a cute, feel good movie that would definitely qualify as a romcom, so I would think this is a great one to watch on your Valentine’s Day weekend to get in all the fuzzy feels.
- The Proposal – I saw this movie years ago and thought it was so adorable! I love Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock so I figured I would love it, but it really is just such a cute movie. Love the comedic aspect it has as well as some romance!
- The Notebook – OMG if you’re wanting a good, sappy movie to watch this Valentine’s Day, The Notebook is THE ONE for you. I’ve seen this movie more times than I can count! I love it so much, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams do a fantastic job in this movie. Just make sure you have the tissues nearby, it’s so sweet, but a tear-jerker!
- Valentine’s Day – I’ve actually never seen this one, but I asked a bunch of different people their favorite romcom movies and this one was high up on the list. I actually think I might watch it tonight or tomorrow night after hearing so much about it! Plus… I mean with the title… it’s very appropriate for the holiday, right?? Haha!
- Someone Great – This is a “this one’s for the girls” type of movie for sure. Like I mentioned above, if you’re having a Galentine’s get together, this would be a great one to watch together and all cheers your champagne!
- 10 Things I Hate About You – SUCH a cute movie if you haven’t already seen it! I love it, I probably watch it once a month haha. Even Jordan loved watching it with me, so it’s a great one for you to watch with your SO!
I hope, no matter what your Valentine’s Day plans are, you have a great weekend and a fun time celebrating. If you haven’t already, make sure to check out a couple of my other Valentine’s Day posts like “5 Bubbly Champagnes to Pop This Valentine’s Day” and “7 Affordable Gift Ideas Under $50 for Valentine’s Day 2021” from the previous weeks!
Thanks for reading lovelies! Hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday. Xx.