THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Tuesday friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful start to their week and a wonderful weekend. If you follow me over on Instagram, I wanted to apologize for going kind of quiet this past weekend and really late last week as well. I know there are so many things circulating about COVID-19 and there are a lot of things being said about it on social media. I know there are a lot of varying opinions on the subject and people have a lot to say about it right now, and honestly I didn’t feel that it would be appropriate to post about fashion or shopping given the state of things.
I know that the whole subject is still very fresh on people’s minds and it is in mine as well, but I wanted to get back to at least some sort of normalcy and if nothing else, try to provide an escape from the news, if only for a short post. I know it isn’t always fun to have to stay inside and cancel plans, but I do understand and completely respect the severity of what we are faced with and understand that the situation is only temporary.
I wanted to kick the week off with a post today over some fun things to do when you’re stuck inside, and I’ll also have some more posts coming soon sharing some other things relating to staying in and occupying yourself. Thanks to all for understanding and I’m looking forward to jumping back in and getting back on the posting track.
Now on to today’s post… As I said, I wanted to share some fun ways to occupy your time when you’re stuck indoors, whether that be for the current situation with COVID-19 or even in the future when weather or other ailments keep you locked indoors. J and I stayed in all weekend and although I love staying in and have never minded it before, I do normally like to occasionally venture out and poke around a store or two. 😉 However, this weekend we vowed to stay indoors and try to do our part in keeping the community healthy, so we quickly had to think up some ways to stay occupied and have fun together.
We thought of a few things that we personally love to do and that we can see ourselves doing for the next few weekends to come! Let us know what your favorite thing to do is off the list, as well as add anything else you love to do in the comments!!
- Try Out a New Recipe – I personally love to bake; sweet treats are my jam and I love trying out new yummy things to bake! These Sweet & Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a hit when I make them, people LOVE these things! I also want to try out this Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie (holy yums) and these little Molten Lava Cakes (my weakness!)
- Watch a YouTube Tutorial and Try it for Yourself – Try out a DIY YouTube tutorial or try making your own craft from Pinterest. I love DIY projects personally and always have a fun time doing them. Plus they’re something fun that takes up some time and keeps you occupied. Here is a link for 6 DIY Projects Using Stuff You Already Have Around Your House (bc stay inside people).
- Be Your Own Bartender – Instead of going out for cocktails or wine night, stay in and test your drink making skills! My favorite drink to make (and drink!) is a Texas Moscow Mule. Try it out for yourself! Here’s how to make it:
- Fill copper mug with ice.
- Pour 1-2 *wink wink* shots of Deep Eddy’s Ruby Red Vodka, top off with ginger beer or ginger ale (whichever you have on hand).
- Squeeze in slice of lime and stir gently to mix. Enjoy!!
- Watch an Old Movie – My favorite thing to do in high school on a weekend was hang out with my gal pal Jamie and watch old movies together. Not much has changed because I still love doing this even when I’m not stuck inside haha! Here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Try Out a New Makeup Look – Okay, I don’t know about you, but I LOVE trying out new things to do with my makeup! Whether it’s trying out a different product or trying out a new way to do my lipstick, my eyeliner, my eyeshadow, etc. I just think it’s so fun to sometimes do your makeup for FUN like you used to when you were little and try out new things, rather than doing it when you’re “obligated” everyday!
- Read a New Book – I absolutely love reading and when you’re stuck inside, it’s one of my favorite things to do to pass some time! Plus if you have a Smart Phone (at least I know you can with iPhone!) then you can download the Kindle App or iBooks and buy books directly off there so you don’t have to wait for them to come in through the mail. Not to mention, I know with my Kindle Paperwhite, I can buy books directly off Amazon and they’re almost always cheaper than ordering a physical copy! Not to say I don’t like physical copies of books as well… obviously given the pic. But for convenience reasons, Kindles can’t be beat!
- Play Old Video Games – Okay so Jordan and I spent the majority of Sunday afternoon playing Mario Party 3 on his old Nintendo 64 and holy DANG it was fun! It brought me back to my childhood when I would get to play games with Donovan and (he would always beat me) but it was still so much fun! If you have any old video games in the attic, bring them down, dust them off and use this time to brush up on your old gaming skills!
- Binge a TV Show – Okay I know this is probably a no-brainer but in case you need a few ideas for some great, binge-worthy TV shows, here are a few that I love that are all available on Netflix:
- Stranger Things
- Locke & Key
- The Witcher
- Supernatural (we haven’t seen the whole thing, but it’ll keep you occupied for a while for sure!)
- Sabrina (I haven’t seen S3, but I liked S1 and S2!)
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (where are all my SD fans?!)
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo (haven’t seen, but plan to watch this weekend to help jumpstart my spring cleaning!)
- Do a Home Workout – I have a few older posts on the blog with some home workouts if you want to check them out! (Home Workout: Ab Edition and Home Workout: Legs & Butt Edition) I’m also working on another blog post to share with a new home workout that doesn’t require any equipment at all! Stay tuned friends! I also use the Sweat App a lot since they have home workouts too and they are KILLER, let me tell you!
- Window Shop Online – I honestly do this all the time anyways, but it’s especially appropriate now. I have wishlists created on pretty much any website I shop so I can go through, save a bunch of things, and purchase them later. I love doing this, I think it’s fun plus I also feel like this forces me to go back, look at what I have saved and then decide what I want to buy so I’m not making impulse purchases!
- Have an At-Home Spa Day – BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT!! Draw yourself a bath and use all the good stuff (bath salt, fizzy balls, bubbles, etc), pour a glass of wine or champagne, and put on a playlist for relaxing and enjoying. Sit and soak for a while and try to not to think about anything except the bath, the wine, and YOU!!
- Play a Board Game – This was another one that J and I spent most of the weekend doing! I randomly bought Yahtzee on Amazon last week (right before the craze of everything started) just because we had played it a lot with his parents and we’ve always had fun! It turned out to be a saving grace this past weekend when we were getting bored and weren’t sure what to do. We also had a fun time upping the stakes by playing a fun, little drinking game with it that we made up and just really getting into the competitive spirit! Here are a few other options for some fun 2-player games to play:
- Liver Pool Rummy (play with regular playing cards)
- Practice your Poker game!
- Darts (I’ve played on one of these magnetic dart boards too if you don’t want to deal with putting up a real dart board, and it’s just as fun!)
- Jenga (also, for all you over 21ers out there, this Jenga Drinking Game is super fun too!)
- Make a Video for Fun – With TikTok on the rise, I’ve just started getting into making some video content and although I was hesitant at first, OMG it’s SO fun!! I’m having a blast so far making and editing videos for my TikTok and it’s actually something I had started to do on the weekends around the house before any of this stuff started. So grab your iPhone, set it up, and start making a fun video inside!
I hope this helps give you guys a few ideas of fun things to do when you’re stuck indoors, whatever the situation may be! I know J and I tried out just a few of these this past weekend and actually had a really good time together. We’re planning on trying out a couple others this next weekend and are actually really looking forward to it! If you try out any, feel free to tag me here or on my Insta so I can share you to my stories!
Thanks for reading friends! Until the next post, Xx.