THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
When I started my blog (almost a year ago now, WOW time flies!!) I just started writing about things I liked and that interested me. I loved Pinterest and could always be found perusing a blog or article I found through a pin. Finally one day, I decided I wanted to start my own blog and be on Pinterest. I wanted people to read what I wrote and take comfort in the fact that you can almost always find common ground in another person.
So I started writing – about fashion and beauty and how I put different outfits together from basic articles in my closet, about decorating my little apartment I had just moved into at the time and sharing how I made it my own, about the little things that made me happy in life – But I don’t think I ever really went into detail about me, and who I am. So I thought today, on my 22nd birthday, it would be a perfect time to sit down and let you know a few things about Carrington A. Barfield, the person behind the fashion and lifestyle blog you read. After all, who wants to read things from a complete stranger right? My thoughts exactly. So here are 22 things about me, Carrington A. Barfield.
- I am [now] 22 years old and have a job as an Outreach Coordinator, mostly working in social media marketing. This is another one of the reasons why I wanted to start my own blog in the first place! I’m sooo interested in digital marketing and the way it’s completely changed the marketing game in the past decade. If you ever want to have an hour long discussion about marketing and social media, let me know. We’ll grab a cup of coffee.
- Coffee. Since we were already on the subject, I do love it. (Obviously right, I mean I named my blog after it.) But, I actually [generally] only have one cup a day! I get super bad heartburn and coffee causes it to flareup, so I will have one cup in the morning (to wake myself up), then switch to green tea for the rest of the day.
- I’ve always lived in Texas, except for a [way too short] 7 month period when I moved to California to attend Pepperdine University for grad school. Unfortunately, Malibu is super expensive, as is Pepperdine, so I ended up moving back to good ole’ Texas and finding a job in Houston.
- I’m still attending grad school though! I go to Lamar University (same school I received my BBA) online so I can work simultaneously. I have one class left so I will graduate this August! I’m ready to be DONE.
- I started college at 16! There is a program called the Texas Academy of Leadership in the Humanities (TALH) through Lamar University that allows high school students to start college their junior year and receive college and high school credit simultaneously so you can graduate high school with your Associates Degree. My oldest brother did the program first, which was how I knew about it.
- Speaking of which, I have two older brothers. They are 7 and 9 years older than me. We were a super close-knit family growing up, so now that we all have our own lives, it makes the times when we all get together that much more special.
- My favorite food is pizza. I could eat it all day everyday (and quite honestly did 90% of the time in college). I might even consider comparing myself to Joey in Friends with his love of pizza.
- I love going out to eat, but I don’t really like fancy restaurants. The food is too expensive and the portions are too small. If I go out to eat, I go out… TO EAT.
- I often feel like I’m a 60 year old woman trapped in a 22 year old’s body. (Messed up and typed 21 there first… it always takes me a month or two to adjust to my new age. Anyone else do that?!) I’m normally in bed by 9:00, I would so much rather stay in with J and my cats all weekend than go out, and I get very upset if I miss my shows.
- My grandma is my bff. I seriously love her so much and could sit and talk with her for hours. She is the strongest woman I’ve ever met in my life who lives and loves unconditionally and I aspire to be like the woman she is.
- My favorite place in the world is the beach. When I was having a stressful time in college, I would drive down to Galveston or Crystal Beach during the day when no one was generally there, and just sit and listen to the waves for hours. No one else, just me, but it was relaxing to just be near the water. It’s always been the way I relax and clear my head.
- My favorite genre to read is romance with an aspect of historical fiction. Old-timey, classic love stories where they write each other letters and go to the theater for dates are my favorite! My favorite author is Jojo Moyes and my mom and I have both read all of her books.
- I want desperately to grow plants on my balcony and patio and have a green thumb, but sadly I’m awful at trying to take care of plants. I always try and they always end up dying! I killed a cactus I had a few months back and felt so bad. Poor little guy didn’t stand a chance as soon as he came home with me. Any tips on how I can improve?!
- I’m a major Harry Potter fan. There was a period from when I was 18-20 where I literally watched Harry Potter every single night to go to sleep. TWO YEARS. I mostly watched the Prisoner of Azkaban, Half Blood Prince, and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, so I’ve definitely seen those movies over 100 times each. I can quote almost all of the Half Blood Prince. I just really love the world of Harry Potter!
- There was also a period in college when I was about 19-20 where I ate cake every night for dinner, except for when I would eat at my grandparent’s house. I lived next door to them so when my Maw-maw cooked, I would eat over there; otherwise, I would bake a cake and eat off of it for a week, heated up with ice cream. (I never really learned to cook, but one thing I could do was bake… so I did!)
- I’ve been a baton twirler since I was 3 years old. My mom was a twirling teacher, so she would teach me at home then bring me to the gym with her when she taught lessons and let me twirl on the side to practice. I grew up twirling for about 4 hours each day after school when I was there with her and loved every minute of it! It’s something we’ve always bonded over so I think that made me love it even more.
- I’m the youngest in my family and the only girl out of 5 grandkids on my mom’s side. The 5 of us grew up together and I was always trying to nose my girly, kid stuff into their boy stuff they would do so I could be a part of the group (Ex. I once brought my Lite-Brite princess toy right into the middle of when they were trying to play Madden or Mario Kart.)
- I have one tattoo right in between my shoulder blades (but I’m planning to get another one soon on the side of my left foot!) It’s roman numerals I-V and it stands for the 5 kids in our generation in my family. I got it with my brother, Donovan, last year around this time! I’m number IV (of course, youngest!) and he’s number II. We wanted to get them done together since it was both our first tattoo and it was representative of our family.
- I love the way my nails look once I get them done, but I absolutely hate actually having to get them done. I let them grow out so long in between appointments just because I hate going to get them done! The people are always super nice to me, I just hate having to sit still for so long.
- I drive a 2010 VW Beetle, named Lola. She was my dream car and I got her at 16! I have a little hula man on my dash board, who jams along to my music with me, along with a few other Hawaiian-themed things in my car. I’ve put over 100,000 miles on Lola since I got her 6 years ago! She’s been the best car, I’ll probably cry when I have to get a new one.
- My two favorite kinds of music are oldies and rap. My mom used to only listen to oldies in the car, so I grew up loving them and… I’m not sure really why I love rap so much! But it’s the funniest thing when I pull up to a stoplight blasting Eminem or Lil Wayne and the car next to me looks over and sees me jamming out in my little bug!
- Since this post was to let you know a little more about me, Carrington A. Barfield, I guess I’ll let you know about my name itself. First, the A starts for Avari (pronounced “Avery” but I’ve always wanted it to be pronounced like “Safari” but with a “v” instead of an “f” and without the “s” at the beginning). My first name came from the 80s TV show Dynasty. My mom loved the show and always loved the name of the main family on the show (The Carringtons) and vowed if she ever had a girl, she would name her Carrington. Two boys and 15 years later, she got her girl (hi, yeah, that’s me!) and with that, her Carrington. Although, everyone always thinks my first name is a last name! (Which I guess it technically is…)
So that’s me! Or a little more about me anyways. I hope this post gives you a little more insight to who I am as a person and lets you know a little more about Carrington A. Barfield, the person behind this blog. I’m quirky, silly, and I love desserts. I eat fast food a lot more than I probably should, exercise a lot less than what’s recommended and often wait until the very last minute to do things. But I’m passionate about the people and things in my life and care with my whole heart, and I think that’s the aspect that matters most.
Thank you all for reading today’s post and for following along with me in my little corner of the bloggersphere. This blog has become more than a hobby and more than something I do as a past time. It’s an escape and a place where I can write and be myself, which I think is extremely important in today’s world to be able to detach and have a creative outlet.
With that, I leave you and will now proceed to go eat massive amounts of cake and pizza, while watching old movies with Jordan and our cats. ♡ Xx.