THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Wednesday lovelies! I hope everyone has had a great start to their week so far.
Since I haven’t gotten to really catch up with you guys, I guess I’ll go ahead and start out with my weekend heehee. I honestly had a GREAT weekend, I have to admit! Friday, Jordan streamed and games so I hung out and watched the new Kissing Booth 2 movie on Netflix (anyone else watch the 1st when it came out and absolutely LOVE it?!) and had such a good little “me night!” Then Saturday Jordan and I stayed around the house and enjoyed time together since we haven’t been able to have any time alone on the weekend in over a month and ended the day with a fun date night where we had dinner at a delicious new restaurant we discovered and watched a fun musical-type movie together. It was such a nice, relaxing weekend and we honestly needed it to recuperate after a weekend of travel and immediately going back to work.
Okay now, on to the topic of discussion today…
Since we are into August now, I want to start sharing some fall content, so I figured I would start off with a beauty post. I had some recent summer beauty finds I discovered that I’ve been loving and I figured I would share them with you guys since they are all great products that will carry over into fall! A few of them I actually posted about on my Instagram stories a couple weeks ago and said I would give a status report after I tried them out for a couple weeks so I could see how I really liked them. So I’ll be talking about those today and sharing a couple others that I’ve recently found that I’ve really grown to love.
*For all Tula products, use code CHAOSCOFFEE for 15% off!!*
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – I bought this right before we left to go to Florida a couple weeks ago because I’d heard so many people say it was a must-have to rehydrate your face after flights. I am SOOOO glad I got this because as it turns out, I ended up getting SUPER sunburned and this completely saved my face. My skin was so sensitive and my face was quite literally blistered from the sunburn. This helped so much to rehydrate my skin and it saved me when it came time for my face to peel (gross, I know) and heal. I currently use this both morning and night as a moisturizer! I apply a thin layer and it keeps my face hydrated all day. You can apply it as a thicker layer if you want to use it as a mask, and then wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Tula Protect + Glow Daily Sunscreen Gel – This is probably my favorite product out of all of the ones I’m telling you about today. I actually forgot this when we went to Florida and I hated myself for it because I’m sure my face wouldn’t have gotten nearly as burned if I would have been wearing this! I apply a thin layer of this everyday to my face after I apply my Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. This also gives a dewy glow to your skin that looks amazing by itself, or under makeup. I also love that this is super light. I normally can’t STAND to wear sunscreen (hence the sunburn lol) but I quite literally cannot feel this on my face at all! It absorbs really well into your skin and leaves a beautiful, glowy finish.
- Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops – I got these when we were going to Florida as well because I wanted to be able to go on the beach without having to wear makeup, however I still wanted my skin to look tan and glowy (my makeup is tanner than my actual face, so when I don’t wear makeup, my face is a lot whiter than my body haha). I used this with my Tula Blurring & Moisturizing Primer when we were there and it was PERFECT for wearing no makeup, but still wanting your face to look tan and glowy! I also hooked my mom on both the primer and these drops while we were there heehee. I would take 1 pump of primer and 1 pump of the sunshine drops, lightly mix together on my finger tips and then apply all over my face. Make sure to also blend it onto your neck and into your hairline so you don’t have any unwanted lines!
- Tula Revitalizing Eye Cream – I’ve been using this for a few weeks now and I am really happy I waited to review it. I love finding new, great beauty products and I can now happily say that this one is one that will stay in my beauty routine for many years to come. I have very sensitive skin around my eyes and a lot of products break me out (I had an allergic reaction around my eyes back in May and literally looked like Prince Zuko from ATLA). I was a little worried when I started using this since it was a product that was going to go directly on my eye area. After using it however, I soon started to love the product itself, as well as the results! My skin around my eyes feels firmer now and I don’t see nearly as many fine lines, especially when I’m wearing makeup (that’s when I could really see them come through). Just so you know, a little goes a LONG way, I’ve been using this for about a month now and have barely scratched the surface! I would definitely recommend whether you want to be either proactive or reactive about fine lines around your eyes.
- Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm – So a little secret about me… I’m kinda a freak about my lips. I ALWAYS have to have chapstick with me (if I forget it at home, we are either turning around or stopping somewhere to get me some) and it’s even worse when I go to bed at night. I HAVE to go to bed with something on my lips or I absolutely cannot sleep. I decided to try this lip butter because it had so many great reviews online, plus I had heard so many other bloggers rave about it. I got it in right before we left for Florida and started using it and let me tell you… I LOVE it. This is another product I actually got my mom hooked on while we were in Florida haha. She always gets really sunburned on her lips for some reason and this helped keep her lips hydrated and helped heal after all of the Florida sun. I use this mostly at night since it’s so thick, but you can also definitely use it during the day as a lip moisturizer.
So those are my fave beauty finds I found this summer that I’ll be carrying over with me to the fall months! Once the cooler weather starts to hit, I’ll definitely still want all the moisturizing products for my skin, as well as sun protection still (it’s always sunny in TX lol). I hope you lovelies all get a chance to try these out and if you do, feel free to comment below and let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading friends and until the next post, Xx.