THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Tuesday friends!
How was everyone’s weekend?? Ours was pretty good over here, we had a date night Saturday where we ordered Mexican food, did an Unsolved Case Files game (HIGHLY recommend for all my fellow true crime buffs out there!) and watched Doctor Sleep, which we had been wanting to see for almost a year now. Then I spent Sunday cleaning the house and lounging around. It was a great weekend and I feel so much better and ready for the week ahead.
Since we are now into August, I know some of you might be dealing with the “back-to-school” flurry of activities. I know school is going to be a bit different this year, so I figured I would include a variety of posts this month, working in some tips for online learning, how to stay focused when studying or working from home and of course, some fall fashion thrown in as well. (Make sure to check out my posts from last year “5 Back to School Outfits for Everyday of the Week” and “9 Affordable Back to School Bags!“)
Today I wanted to share some of my favorite Spotify playlists I listen to while I’m working (and that I used to listen to while studying) that would help me stay focused and keep my mind on the task at hand. I’m someone who cannot have “trendy” music on while I’m trying to focus. Whether it be something I’m doing at work, writing for the blog, or when I used to be in college and was studying for a major exam, I CANNOT have music on that has words or that would make me want to sing along with it, or else I’ll start typing/writing the words I’m hearing. (I actually had this happen in a few papers in college. My professors got very confused when they would randomly read a line from an Eminem or Beyonce song in my paper that was supposed to be reflecting on “A Rose for Emily.”)
- Deep Focus – This is very relaxing, calm music. It makes me think of the kind of music you would listen to while watching a sunrise, when it’s really early morning and everything is still outside.
- Peaceful Piano – I always used to listen to my brother play piano when I was younger and it was one of my absolute favorite things in the world to listen to. This playlist is relaxing to me and also just makes me feel comforted, calm and at peace.
- Classical Focus – Okay call me weird, but I’ve always loved classical music. I even took a music appreciation class for it in college and loved getting to listen to classic overtures on repeat. I think it’s beautiful and a lot of it is actually very lively. It helps me a lot to listen to this especially when I’m trying to write and I need the words to just move, if that makes sense.
- Jazz for Study – Ah jazz… There’s a special place in my heart for jazz. I used to always want to be in jazz band when I was younger (even though I didn’t play a jazz band instrument). I’ve always loved the sounds of jazz music and how relaxing, yet powerful it was. It has soul to it and you can hear the passion in the music when someone plays. It’s beautiful to listen to and always puts me in a creative mindset. (I’m actually listening to it right now as I write this! Like I said, it makes me feel creative so that makes it great music to listen to while writing.)
- Piano in the Background – Again, I could listen to piano all day, everyday so this is another piano station I like to listen to. The songs in this playlist are a bit softer and I’ll often just have these playing even when I’m just walking around, doing things at home.
- Reading Chill Out – This playlist definitely is a good one to read to! I used to get so bored just reading textbooks, I literally COULD NOT stay focused, not matter how hard I would try. It would really help me to have this on in the background; it may sound weird, but it almost seemed like it provided a wall for my thoughts to bounce off of so whenever my mind tried to wander away from the page, it would go to the music and then I would think about the page I was reading again.
I hope you guys get to check some of these out! I love listening to music when I’m doing things, whether it be studying, working, reading for fun, writing, etc and these playlists have all been ones I’ve listened to for a long time. Whether you’re working from home still or heading back to school online, I hope you give these a chance and I hope you like them just as much as I do! (For more WFH info, check out my post “7 Tips for Working From Home!“)
Thanks for reading lovelies, until next post! Xx.