THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Tuesday friends and Happy February! I hope everyone’s week and month was off to a good start yesterday. I know Valentine’s Day is creeping up on us (less than 2 weeks away now!) so I wanted to take the opportunity to share a little bit more Valentine’s Day content before the big day is here. Today I thought I would share 7 affordable gift ideas that are all under $50 for Valentine’s Day!
I wanted the list to include some items you can shop for online in case you find yourself pressed for time, as well as a few ideas rather, if you and your loved one are planning to skip the bought gifts and go for something a little more sentimental. Jordan and I normally don’t go super big on getting gifts for Valentine’s Day, mostly just because we have so many holidays back to back to back around this time — Christmas, then Valentine’s Day, then our anniversary in April, then my birthday at the end of April… it’s exhausting! Not to mention expensive.
So, for the most part, we tend to go pretty casual for Valentine’s Day and place more focus on an experience together or something sentimental more than a fancy gift. With that being said, here are 7 affordable gift ideas, all under $50, to get your loved one for Valentine’s Day this year!
- Pedicure at Home – Who doesn’t love a pedicure, right?? BUT, they can get to be a little pricey when you go to get them done. So instead of a pedicure at a nail salon, try out an at-home pedicure with a personal foot bath and maybe a foot soak. If you REALLY want to make it special, I would recommend having it ready for your S.O. in another room and bringing them in to a candle-lit personal pedicure! It would be just as special to me, if not more so and would be something they’ll remember far longer than if they just went and got a normal pedicure.
- For the Tea Lover – I personally LOVE tea. I actually probably drink more tea than I do coffee! I’ll have 2-3 cups throughout the day and another one at night before bedtime. It’s actually something Jordan and I have started doing together every night, we’ll sit down and have tea together to wind down and relax together. If this is something you could see you and your significant other enjoying, I would recommend this gorgeous tea pot and maybe a fun variety pack of teas to try out together and see which ones you like best. It’s affordable and something that you could both do together long after Valentine’s Day has passed!
- Couple’s Q&A Book – I’ve always thought one of these would be so fun to do! It’s something fun to do with your significant other and there’s a good chance you’ll learn something about them you didn’t already know, which I always think is super fun, especially if you’re in a long-term relationship! I would sit down with this Couple’s Q&A Book, grab a bottle of wine and some take out and make an evening of it!
- At Home Spa Night – Spa days can get pricey pretty quickly, but honestly I love just as much getting to relax in a hot bubble bath with a bottle of wine! You can find these fun, colorful bath fizzies on Amazon for only $10 and this Himalayan salt scrub that leaves your skin feeling soft and silky smooth. Turn on a relaxing bath tub playlist on Spotify, add a glass of wine and you’re set!
- Flowers in a Valentine Vase – Everyone always thinks flowers are so expensive, but I got these (pictured) for just over $10 at the grocery store! I got the baby’s breath flowers (I think that’s what they are??) for $4.99 and the pink roses for $6.99! They would be gorgeous in this Valentine’s vase on Amazon and would be a simple yet affordable gift.
- Heart Shaped Dinner & Dessert – It might seem super cheesy, but I think heart shaped everything on Valentine’s Day is so cute! I know Papa John’s does a heart-shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day and I’ve always thought it’s so adorable. I even sent one to Jordan a couple years ago on Valentine’s Day when we were doing long-distance and couldn’t be together to celebrate! Ordering one of those and then baking cookies together and using cute, heart shaped cookie cutters would be such a fun thing to do together and wouldn’t cost much at all to order the pizza and get the cookie cutters!
- At Home Chocolate Fondue Maker – This was one we actually discovered was fun during quarantine! I randomly ordered this fondue set off Amazon one day because… I mean… it was quarantine and we were trying to stay occupied lol. We picked up some melting chocolate from the store along with some various fruits and yummy sweets like marshmallows, angel food cake and pretzels, came home and fired it up! It worked so well and was a fun little date night idea that we did together had a great time doing it.
I hope these ideas helped give you some fun inspiration for what to do this Valentine’s Day if you’re staying in and opting out of the expensive gifts. I love fun, quirky things just as much, if not more than big lavish gifts, plus I love things like this that I can do with Jordan and we can experience it together.
I hope you all have a great rest of your week and a wonderful time planning out your Valentine’s Day plans, whatever they might be! Xx.