THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Monday evening friends! I know this is not the normal time I post a blog post, but with Amazon Prime Day upon us in just a few hours, I wanted to take the time to go ahead and give you guys some info about what to expect.
I took a poll on my Instagram stories last week and asked who would be interested in a post about Amazon Prime Day 2020. The overwhelming majority said they WOULD be interested, so I thought I would just include a post here about what exactly Prime Day is and what you can expect. I’ve shopped Amazon Prime Day for the past 2 years and can honestly say that if it’s your first time shopping it, you might feel a bit overwhelmed.
Similar to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Amazon Prime Day is basically the “Black Friday” for Amazon specifically. It’s their BIG SALE of the year and the day that they put a lot of the high-ticket items on sale that you might want to buy for the holiday season.
NOW. Again, I want to stress that this is a sale and while there are some good deals, it can be easy to fall into dangerous territory if you aren’t careful. Like I wrote about in my NSale post this year, if you haven’t ever shopped Prime Day before, I would make a few suggestions to ensure you don’t get in trouble with your pocketbook.
1. Set a Budget Ahead of Time
This is one of the most important things I can stress! Make sure you set a budget ahead of time so you aren’t just going in and adding things to your cart, without any budget in mind. Take it from me, it’s super easy to add more to your cart than you can afford, especially with Amazon. At the end of the day, it’s just STUFF. If you miss it on sale today, chances are, you’ll be able to find it on sale another day from another retailer.
2. Have an Idea of What You Want Going In
It’s hard to make a list and save it like you can for the NSale, simply because not all of the Prime Day deals are posted ahead of time. There are quite a few tech deals that are already posted now, many of which I’ll include below, but a lot of them aren’t posted until the day of. My advice would be to save things to your wishlist that you really want, whether you know they will be on sale or not for Prime Day. Then, you can quickly find them and pull them up to see if they are on sale, once Prime Day is here.
I’m including a few things on my list of things below that don’t show they are on sale right now, but they WERE on sale last year, so chances are, they’ll be on sale again this year. If you want to check out my Prime Day blog post from last year (since there are some different items included there from last year’s sale that I didn’t include here, but that were for sure on sale last year), you can find that HERE!
3. Shop EARLY and Check Other Retailers As Well
Shop as early as possible if there is something you KNOW is on sale that you REALLY want! If you KNOW for sure it’s on sale for Prime Day and you really want it, I would suggest trying to purchase it as midnight, when Prime Day goes live. If it’s something you want but aren’t completely sure it’s on sale, I honestly would just wait until the morning time when I normally hop on my computer, but that’s just me! I know things tend to sell out quickly on Prime Day, but I’ve never been in the market for one of the super hot items, so I’m normally fine just waiting until that morning to shop.
Also, if something you want DOES sell out, CHECK OTHER RETAILERS!! Other retailers KNOW it’s Prime Day and they KNOW items sell out quickly. This is the reason a lot of other retailers like Target and Walmart have sales on Prime Day too. So, if something you really want sells out on Prime Day, I would check around at other retailers like Target or Walmart to check if they have it. Heck, they might even have it cheaper than Amazon! So just make sure you check around before clicking the “Buy” button, or if something you want sells out!
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker – We literally use ours AT LEAST 3 times a week, especially during the cooler months since you can make soup in it!
- 60-inch Selfie Stick Tripod – I’m personally buying this for blogging reasons, but I also think it would be great to have around the holiday time for taking pics and making sure you can get everyone in!
- Kindle Paperwhite Bundle – I LOVE my Kindle Paperwhite. I use mine all the time, I even keep it in my purse for if I ever have down time when traveling or something.
- Toshiba 50-inch Smart TV – If you’re in the market for a TV, this is a great deal! I bought my 50-inch TV on a Black Friday sale a few years ago for this price!
- Echo Show & Echo Dot – Amazon Echo’s are always super popular during Prime Day! These are both on sale and super affordable.
- Shark Robot Vacuum & iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum – I bought our robot vacuum last year on a Prime Day sale and we use it EVERY day! It’s so handy and in my opinion, it’s a MUST-HAVE if you have pets! Tbh, it’s the ONLY way we’re able to handle the cat hair in our townhouse with two cats.
- Ring Video Doorbell – My mom got this for me and J for Christmas last year and we’ve LOVED it! We use it daily and even bought the year subscription for $30 a year that goes along with it that records all of the footage. It’s made us feel a lot safer and we love both being able to access it from our phones.
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa & Fire TV Recast – We have 3 Firesticks, one for every TV in our house! They’re so handy and at least last year, they went on MAJOR sale during Prime Day. They were marked down from $39.99 to $15.99! I’m even getting one for my dad and step-mom one this year so I can get them setup on our Netflix account!
- Apple AirPods Pro & Beats Solo Pro Headphones – These are both noise-cancelling headphones and they are both supposed to be on sale this year for Prime Day! I love my AirPods and use them daily, both at work and while working out!
I hope you guys found this helpful for Amazon Prime Day 2020! What’s one of the main items on your list you’ll be shopping for??
Happy shopping friends! Xx.