THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Hump Day friends and Happy Halloween Eve!!
I won’t lie, I planned on doing some Halloween posts this year and sharing some costume inspo and fun Halloween posts, but time just got away from me. I feel like I blinked and Halloween was HERE!! BUT I did want to share a quick, last-minute post on a Halloween treat to make if you’re needing something for a Halloween party or get-together. Plus, make sure to check out my Halloween post from last year sharing 15 Halloween Movies to watch and get your scare on, while you’re enjoying your Halloween yums!
This recipe is super easy and I was able to do everything — prep, baking, and cleanup — in an hour, which was super convenient since I’m always so busy trying to get things done when I come home from work. I’m planning to bring these to my office tomorrow for my co-workers and of course, give some to J this weekend when I see him! If you get to try out the recipe, please tag me and let me know what you think! I would love to see all of your little spider cookies!! I initially got the recipe from a blogspot blog called Craving Recipes, so a special thanks to them as well. 🙂
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (set aside 1/4 cup separately)
- 1 egg
- 2 TB milk
- 1 (or 2!) tsp vanilla (I always add a little more vanilla than I’m supposed it!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup melting chocolate
- 1 bag Reese’s mini cups (frozen)
- 1 package candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer until well-combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl and whisk together. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with electric hand mixer until just combined (I’m always careful not to over-mix once the flour is added, as that can result in a tough cookie.)
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out dough and roll into a 1″ ball in your hand. Place dough on a cookie sheet with silicone baking sheet or parchment paper about 2″ apart and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Upon removing, place a frozen Reese’s mini cup in the middle of the cookie and place cookie sheet on cooling rack.
- While cooling, place two candy eyes on the Reese’s cup (as shown in picture). (They should stick to the Reese’s cup since it will be soft, but if not, melt a small amount of the melting chocolate and use this as a “glue” to affix the eyes to the Reese’s cup.)
- Place in refrigerator to cool and allow the eyes and Reese’s cups to set.
- While in refrigerator, place melting chocolate in the microwave and microwave for 10-15 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour into a Ziploc bag and seal.
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and cut a tiny corner off the Ziploc bag. Drizzle chocolate on cookies so that they have 8 “legs.” Place in refrigerator for 10 more minutes to allow the chocolate to set and enjoy!
That’s it! These were SUPER easy to bake and I had a lot of fun doing it! Again, thank you to Craving Recipes for the recipe!
I hope you guys enjoyed and I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween! Thanks for reading, Xx.
Leave a Reply