THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Friday Eve everyone! I don’t know about you, but I for one am STOKED for this weekend! I’m headed back to Beaumont with J because one of my very best friends is getting MARRIED!!! I’m in her wedding as one of her bridesmaids and I honestly could not be more thrilled to stand up there and watch her marry the love of her life.
BUT before we start the fun weekend of celebrating love and happiness, I wanted to pop on once more this week to say hi on the blog here and share the December Monthly Favorites, which from now on will actually be December Top Fives! I decided to make this change since Amazon made the change with their commissions where bloggers can no longer see which items sold most. (We still get the commission from items that were purchased, we just can’t see which item it was that actually gave us the commission… Does that make sense??) I mentioned it briefly last month in the November Monthly Favorites at the end, but I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to do yet with the Monthly Favorites posts since I wouldn’t be able to see what some of the top-selling items were anymore. I decided this would be a way to keep the “Monthly Favorites” posts going each month, in a different way that still updates you guys on the blog itself the past month.
SO, with that being said, the Top Five posts won’t show the top 5 selling items on the blog and my Instagram during the previous month; however, they will show different “top 5’s” from the month before that happened on the blog and my Instagram. (I realize that’s super vague and probably kind of confusing, but you can see below for what I mean when I say “top 5’s!”)
With that being said, here are the Top Five for the month of December for Chaos and Coffee:
- Most Shopped Retailer – Okay, so I can’t post what the top-selling items were since Amazon won’t let me see that anymore… BUT I can post who the top-selling retailer was for the month so it still kind of gives me a good idea of where you guys prefer to shop! I looked at the analytics for the month of December and… big surprise… AMAZON was the most popular retailer for the month of December! Haha, I’m honestly not surprised at all, since so much of the stuff I share is from Amazon. But closely following Amazon was Target, which is good to know. I plan to get back into sharing more outfit posts and stuff on the blog now that the holiday craze is over! I’ll make sure to include things from both Target and Amazon since I now know you guys like those so much!
- Most Viewed Blog Post – The blog post with the most views in December was actually a blog post from last year! “Christmas Gift Guide 2018: White Elephant Gifts (Under $20!)” was the most viewed blog post for the month of December. This actually makes sense because I’m constantly pushing out past content on Pinterest (re-pinning and re-pinning and re-pinning) to try to make sure my content isn’t buried. I pushed out my 2018 Gift Guides a lot since I was still working on my 2019 guides at the time so this definitely makes sense to me!
- Most Searched For on the Blog – So this is the word or phrase that was most searched for on the blog during the month. For December, the most searched term was “Amazon,” which totally makes sense since I was pushing out so much content from Amazon with the Christmas holidays!
- Blog Post with the Most Comments – For this, I wanted to share what the blog post was with the most comments on Chaos and Coffee. For the month of December, the post “9 New Year’s Eve Dresses” received the most comment action on the blog. I was so excited to do this shoot and had so much fun getting to throw on a sparkly dress and snap these pics! I was really glad to read that so many of you liked it too. 🙂
- Most Liked Photo on Instagram – I’m not surprised that the most-liked photo on my Instagram was the one from J’s graduation!! (It was honestly my favorite pic too!) I was and still am so dang proud of him and his accomplishments so I was really happy to see this as the most-liked photo! ❤️
There ya go! The December Top Fives for Chaos and Coffee. What do you guys think?? Did you like the Monthly Favorites better?? Do you like this format now??
We’ll give it a try and see how it turns out! I definitely hate that I can’t link the top-sold items anymore since I won’t be able to see any of the items sold through Amazon links, but I do think it’ll be exciting to try this new post out to see how you guys like it!
Thanks for reading friends and I hope you all have a great weekend! Xx.