THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Hello friends! So if you saw my post a few months ago, 8 Things to Know When Planning a Trip to Disney World, you will know that the time is finally here!! Our family vacation to Disney World is only one short week away, which means it’s time to start thinking about what I want to pack to wear each day, as well as what I want to pack to bring to the parks each day. So I thought I would whip up a little list of what all I plan to pack in my backpack to carry around with me each day when we visit the parks, in case anyone is planning to take a Disney World trip of their own.
To begin, I’ll let you know what backpack I am bringing for the trip. I wanted one that was cute but still functional, so I found this little Bow Backpack Purse on Amazon for only $20! It’s big enough to fit all that I plan to take, but still small enough to where it won’t get too heavy and start hurting my back from carrying it around all day. It also comes in a beige color that I thought was just SO cute, but unfortunately I know myself and I will undoubtedly stain that within the first day of using it SOMEHOW, so I went with the black color instead. 🙂
- Power Bank & Cable – I always make sure I have a power bank with me wherever I go, but especially at Disney World! There is nothing worse than being on a family vacation and pulling out your phone to capture a family moment, only to find out your phone is nearly dead. I always carry a small power bank in my purse and roll up a charging cable to go along with it, so I always have power!
- Foldable Flats – I’ve carried a pair of these with me in my purse or bag ever since 8th grade! I absolutely love them, they are so convenient to have in case your feet start hurting or your shoes get wet. I usually find myself using them when I’m wearing heels for a long period of time and my feet start to hurt, but I’m definitely bringing them in my daily Disney backpack as well in case my tennis shoes start hurting my feet.
- Mouse Ears – Too. Cute!! I LOVE these sequin mouse ears, they are so adorable with the little bow! I will most definitely show up wearing these every day, but just in case I made sure they fit in my backpack in case I need to take them off for a ride or if my head starts to hurt! (They’re super comfortable, it’s just headbands in general usually give me headaches. Sad life, it’s hard to channel my inner Blair Waldorf without a headband.)
- Sunglasses – I always like to have sunglasses with me when I know I’ll be outside for long periods of time. These aviators were an early Christmas gift (from me to me, heehee) and I am absolutely in love with them! I’m a fan of the aviator-style in sunglasses so these were right up my alley and the fade on the lenses is so cute. I also just ordered a simple $5 sunglasses case on Amazon to keep them from getting scratched in my backpack.
- Hand Sanitizer – I made sure to pack a few little bottles of hand sanitizer so I can sanitize before I eat or anything like that! Just think… all those people touching the same safety bar as you on the rides… I promise you’ll thank me. I’d bring a couple mini bottles, they fit perfectly in the little side pockets of my backpack so they’re super easy and convenient to get to.
- Card Holder – I usually don’t bring my whole wallet to Disney since I have a clutch-type wallet that takes up room when trying to scale-down. So, I usually just take a small card holder for my cards, ID, and cash that I bring to the parks. I absolutely LOVE this glitter Kate Spade Card Holder and it’s even on sale right now! This Vera Bradley Compact Wallet that I usually use when I don’t carry my big wallet is also so cute and the perfect size if you still want the aspects of a wallet without having to carry around one that’s a clutch-type.
- Mini-Umbrella – If you’ve been to Florida, you’ll know it’s not super different from Texas… It can be sunny one minute and the next, it will be storming and raining cats and dogs! I always make sure to carry a little mini umbrella with me in my bag when I go to Disney in case I get caught in a thunderstorm or shower while at the park.
- Snack Bars – Since I’ll be going in a large group (13 people!) I’m planning to bring one or two snack bars with me in my bag in case I get hungry during the day and the group is doing something together at the time. Plus, snacks at Disney can get expensive so having a snack bar or two with me helps keep from spending money on little snacks here and there throughout the day.
- Band-Aids – Whether you think you will need them or not, I recommend always bringing band-aids to Disney World. If for no other reason, than to be prepared if a blister pops up on your foot (my Apple Watch counted over 25,000 steps last time I was there!) That’s a LOT of walking so just to be on the safe side, BRING BAND-AIDS.
- Water Bottle – I almost always have a water bottle with me no matter where I go and Disney World is no exception! I always use my S’well water bottle because it’s insulated so my water stays cold all day, plus the top screws on securely too so I don’t have to worry about any spills.
These are just my top 10 things I will be packing in my daily Disney bag when I go this trip! I hope this helps serve as a little check-list if any of you have any holiday trips coming up this season as well. Happy traveling!! Xx.
*Special thanks to my wonderful aunt for providing 99% of these suggestions! She is literally the Disney World WIZARD.*