THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Friday Eve lovelies! It’s hard to believe that we are almost to the end of October, but here we are! After that, things for the holiday will REALLY be on the rise, and with that comes a lot of great holiday sales, including the Sephora Holiday Savings Event!
This is a sale for Sephora Insider members, so basically if you have an account with them, you get to shop the sale! I’ll leave the information below as far as tiers go, since the dates and percentages you get off depend on what tier you are.
Basically, this sale is quite similar to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in that you have to have an account to shop (a FREE account… NOT a Sephora credit card) and your account/tier dictates what day you get to shop. Now what’s different about the Sephora Holiday Savings Event is that unlike the NSale, things don’t sell out near as fast, if at all. It also differs in that the NSale, everyone gets the same percentage off (same sales price), however with the Sephora Holiday Savings Event, the percentage you get off is dictated by your tier.
What Do the Tiers Mean?
Sephora Rouge Members – Spend at least $1,000 a year at Sephora to get this tier.
Sephora VIB Members – Spend at least $350 per year at Sephora to get this tier.
Sephora Insider Member – Free to anyone who signs up for a Sephora member account. (You can sign up for free on Sephora.com if you don’t have an account yet, but still want to shop the sale! Just click “Sign In” in the upper right corner and click “Create Account.”)
Basically, if you’re not a huge beauty buyer, but have something you want from Sephora, I would go ahead and create a free account so you can shop the sale and get a little money off. A little is better than nothing and if it’s something you were going to buy anyways, then it’s totally worth it! (For the record, I’ve had things in my cart for like 2 weeks now because I’m waiting to purchase for when my sale day comes and I can get a little extra off heehee.)
SO if you are planning to shop the sale or think you might want to, I wanted to share a few of the things I will be purchasing on my sale day (I’m at the Insider Tier) that I’m running low on/out of as well as a few other things that are on my Sephora wish list!
- NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in “Somebody to Love” and “Vain” – I’ve worn both of these lippies for years and I always get so many compliments from people asking about them! At my old job, I think every single one of the ladies on my row ended up buying these lippies because I wore them every day and they loved them so much! They stay on ALL day, even through lunch and the colors are rich and perfect for the fall and winter months. Also, the “Vain” color is THE perfect red, it’s not orange-y at all (I’m not a fan of orange/red lip colors) and it doesn’t bleed or smear at all!
- Drunk Elephant Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops – I discovered these this summer and LOVE them. If you wear bronzer or contour your face, I would definitely recommend this! I just put a small dab on my fingers and apply it after my foundation to the places where I normally would my pressed bronzer. Then I set my foundation and concealer like normal and it looks great! I also used it all over my face in the summer to add a “summer glow” and it looked amazing. I even got my momma hooked on this too heehee!
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask and Lip Butter Balm – I’ve been using the mask every night and morning since July when I first got this! It definitely lasts and you get your money’s worth for sure. I’ll use the mask at night as an actual “mask” but just won’t go as thick since I leave it on all night. Then in the morning, I’ll apply a thin layer to my face and use it as a moisturizer throughout the day. It doesn’t feel heavy at all and makes your skin feel so soft! I’ll use the balm at night before I go to bed (Does anyone else HAVE to sleep with chapstick or something on their lips?? I can’t go to sleep unless I have lip balm on my lips haha.) It lasts all night long and leaves my lips feeling super silky in the morning. (Also got my mom hooked on this haha!)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I started using this mascara back in April and loved it! I’ll use a primer first, then my Illegal Length as a first layer of mascara, then the Better Than Sex mascara after and it LEGIT gives me the look of falsies! I always get SO many people who ask what I use on my eyelashes! If you don’t want to buy the full bottle, they also have it in a mini size that’s cheaper so you can try it out first!
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream in Oil-Free Matte and Regular – Everyone RAVED about this foundation, so I finally ordered some this past summer and I FINALLY UNDERSTAND!! I have pretty oily skin so I tried the oil-free matte version and OMG I love it. I am now completely out of it, so this is 100% something I am ordering again during the sale. It is very matte though, which again, is good if you have oily skin, but if you have normal/dry skin, I would recommend getting the regular version.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Pressed Powder – I am almost out of the current pressed powder that I use, which is actually discontinued now, so I’m buying this pressed powder during the sale to try! I’ve heard really good things about it and I love IT Cosmetics and their products, so I’m excited to give this a try. I’ll keep you guys posted with how I like it after I get it in and have a chance to try it out!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – I’ve been using this eyeliner for almost a year now and I can honestly say it’s hands down my FAVORITE. I’ve never been able to wear liquid eyeliner, because I could never draw a straight line on my eye with the brush haha. I tried this and it goes on SO smooth and is SLEEK, let me tell you! I would 100% recommend, I’m actually about out of it, so I’m ordering one of these during the sale as well to restock!
- Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Moisturizer – I’ve used this moisturizer before and it’s one that really does work wonders for your face! It’s super hydrating and makes your skin feel really soft. I also love how it absorbs into my skin, it doesn’t leave any sticky feeling and it doesn’t feel heavy at all. I would recommend if you’re in a very humid area (cough, SETX, cough) then this would be a really good moisturizer to invest in! No one likes putting on a moisturizer, just to go outside and sweat it off within the first 5 minutes, let’s be honest.
- Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in “Nude Kate” – I’ve used this color since last year, nearly every single day! I’m JUST NOW running super low so I’m actually ordering another one during the sale! This is the perfect nude color for me and goes really well with my skin tone. I’ll also use this lip pencil to line my lips and then I’ll sometimes wear this lipgloss over it to give it some more shine.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil – If you have dry skin, this is FOR YOU. I typically have oily skin, but in the winter, my skin gets SUPER dry (I actually have eczema and have for years) so this is a miracle product if your skin gets dry in the colder months. This product is a little on the pricey side, but again, I’m being very honest when I say it works. If you aren’t ready to commit to the full size product, they also have it in a mini size that’s cheaper! That way you can always try it out in a smaller size to see if you like it first. It also lasts a really long time! A single drop or two covers my entire face and neck.
So there you have it friends! These are my top picks for things to snag during the Sephora Holiday Savings Event. I’ll be snagging a few of them for myself that I mentioned, since it’s a great time to stock up on items you plan to buy anyways, that way you can save a little money. If you want to read more beauty posts here on the blog, check out 5 Summer Beauty Finds to Keep for Fall and 5 Skincare Products I’m Loving!
Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoy the Sephora sale this year! What are some of your must-have items from Sephora that you’ll be shopping during the sale this year?
Leave a Reply