THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Happy Monday lovelies! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is off to a wonderful start with their week!
I wanted to start the week off by hopping on today and sharing some of my favorite skincare products for acne that I use when I have bad breakouts. With the heat rising more and more lately, my skin has been sweating more (bleh, gross) and therefore, breaking out more. My skin is naturally pretty oily so when the summer heat combines with that, it definitely makes for an acne-prone season. I’ve been using a few products to help treat breakout areas and try to keep the acne at bay. I’ll continue to use these through the summer to help fight acne, and probably switch to more hydrating products around late fall/winter, when my skin starts to become more dry.
*For all Tula products, use code CHAOSCOFFEE for 15% off your entire order!*
- Dead Sea Mud Mask & Face Mask Applicators – This is probably one of my favorite skincare products for acne! I’ve used it for years, it’s my “ole’ faithful” haha. But the only bad thing with it is that it can really dry out your skin. I have super oily skin so I can get away with using it once a week, but I really never use it more than that. If you have dry skin already, I wouldn’t recommend using it on your entire face, maybe just on the areas where you have breakouts.
- Tula Exfoliating Sugar Scrub – I’ve used this for years as well! I use it 1-2 times per week in the shower to help keep my skin exfoliated and make sure I get all of my makeup off from the day. I know wearing makeup every single day like I do can cause buildup on your skin (especially around the hair line, if you don’t wash your hair every night, like me) so I’ll use this to help exfoliate and make sure my skin is clear of any makeup or products. It’s also a very gentle exfoliant so you don’t have to worry about it drying out your skin or causing it to become raw.
- Microneedle Derma Roller – I got this back around Christmas time and have used it about once a week since then. I initially got it because it’s supposed to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but I’ve noticed it also helps exfoliate the skin and keep breakouts down. I make sure to clean it after every use with rubbing alcohol to sterilize and make sure it’s not doing more harm than good to my skin. Jordan has also started using it and said he has noticed a difference in his breakouts as well!
- TONYMOLY I’m Real Rice Mask Sheet – I love a good sheet mask, I try to do one once a week and aim them to help with different things. This one is super easy since you only keep it on for 20 minutes and then pat in the excess product left on your face after removing it. It helps brighten your skin and leaves it feeling clean and plump after using it. I would recommend using this after you exfoliate so the product can really absorb into your skin!
- Tula Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Treatment Pads – I’ve been using these for a few months now and I really like them! I use one about every two weeks and my skin always feels so smooth and soft afterwards. I’ll use them on my entire face, but I really focus on exfoliating any problem/breakout areas I have at that time and it always helps to
- DermaE Sulphur Spot Treatment – This is my most recent acne product find! I got this product in from DermaE the other week and started using it when I had some acne pop up on my cheek one night. I applied the product and left it on overnight, like it says to do. In the morning, when I washed my face, the acne spot was definitely smaller and less red. I used it again the following night and by the next morning, the spot was gone! I don’t know if I would say this is a “use once and the spot is gone” kind of product, but it did drastically reduce the size and redness of the area, and by the next night after using it again, it was gone.
There you have it! All of my top skincare products for acne. I hope this helps all of you if you’ve been experiencing more breakouts lately. I normally breakout more in the summertime when the weather gets warmer and my makeup sits on my face longer throughout the day. But add a mask to my face and you have the perfect equation for breakouts and mask-ne haha. Hopefully some of these products will help keep your acne at bay as well and help you keep your skin clean and clear this summer.
Thanks for reading friends! If you haven’t already, make sure to check out my most recent post, “10 Random Amazon Finds I’m Loving!” Xx.