THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO!
Hellooooo Friday! This past week flew by with having so much going on at work and it also being the second to last week of my VERY. LAST. MBA CLASS! It’s been such a busy summer, it’s hard for me to believe July is halfway over.
With all the hustle and bustle going on lately, I did manage to get away this past weekend for a quick weekend trip with Jordan to visit my mom and stepdad in Venice, Florida! They had rented a house there for two weeks and invited us up to stay and have some much-needed beach time.
Since we got to go lay out on the beach and have fun splashing in the Florida waves, I wanted to take the time to write a post over what I like to take to the beach in my beach bag whenever we go for a beach vacay. It’s nothing crazy, but I do like to make sure I have everything I might need when I get to the beach (who wants to have to leave the sun and sand to go get something?! NOT ME!)
So here are some of the main things I always make sure I have in my beach bag whenever I go out for some sun and sea.
- Suntan Lotion & Sunscreen – I always make sure I have both suntan as well as sunscreen when I head out for the beach. I normally just use one or the other, but I always like to bring both in case the people I’m with ever need either of them! My two go-to kinds are Banana Boat Dry Oil for a suntan lotion and Coppertone Sport for sunscreen. These have always worked best for me and both have spray nozzles, which is a must for me! (I’m so weird, I hate sunscreen getting on my hands!)
- Waterproof Pouch – I bought these Waterproof Waist Pouches for this last beach trip we took and they were so handy! We just threw our wallets, phones, etc in one of them so our stuff didn’t get sandy or wet. Plus it kept me from having to bring my purse on the beach! (I always get sand in my purse and it drives me nuts for like a month after.) Plus these are handy because they have a waist strap so you can just put them around you and bring your stuff if you go for a walk on the beach, rather than leave your valuables unattended. I found these on Amazon and they are super affordable! We got two for $13, so it was definitely a good deal (gotta love Amazon Prime, right?)
- Waterproof Phone Case – I usually have my phone on me, even we are at the beach, whether it’s for Instagram stories or just for taking pictures of us out enjoying the sand and water. So it’s important I have some kind of waterproof case to keep the sand and spray off my phone when we are laying out and walking in the waves. I wanted these Waterproof Phone Cases also because we were planning on going kayaking while we were in Florida (even though we ended up not having enough time!) so I wanted our phones to be protected out on the water. These have great reviews on Amazon and even though we didn’t end up taking our phones in the water, I still put my phone in here so it wouldn’t get sand and suntan lotion all over it, making it greasy.
- Beach Towels – We really only need two beach towels when J and I go to the beach, but I usually end up bringing four! That way, if we lay out then we can lay on a towel, and then if we get in the water, we have a clean towel to dry off with so we aren’t trying to dry off with a sandy towel. I thought these Palm Leaf Beach Towels from Target were just adorable to bring for a beach day!
- Insulated Water Bottle – The main thing I always make sure to bring with me to the beach is water. Between being out in the sun, sweating, and being in the salty water, I get dehydrated pretty quickly if I’m not drinking water. I always bring an insulated water bottle and fill it with cold water before we leave for the beach so that my water stays cold all day. I use a S’well Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle and it has always worked well for me! I’ve had mine for almost two years now and it’s held up through everyday use and washing.
These are the main things I always make sure to pack in my beach bag when I head out to go to the beach! I like to be prepared and make sure I have what I need so I can just relax and lay out when we get there. I hope this helps you guys when preparing to go out for your own beach vacays! Thanks for reading friends, Xx.